5 important features of Fixed LTE
If you don't have Fibre or ADSL, and you’re shopping around for an affordable and viable wireless internet solution, then you should consider Fixed LTE-A. It’s suitable for your work needs and some downtime at home.
Here are five features to help you get started:
1. Coverage & Speeds
- Check if your area has coverage for Fixed LTE by entering your street address in the search bar of the Fixed LTE Coverage Tool or click on Use my current location.
- Average speeds for Fixed LTE are coverage and device-dependent.
- Your external environment around your home and where your device is situated also affects your speeds. For example, if it's near a sound system or microwave, it can cause interference.
- You can expect 10-150Mbps on Pure (MTN) LTE and between 20-40Mbps on Telkom’s network.
- LTE-A is locked to one location. (That will be the location that you specify during sign up.)
Pure (MTN) LTE has a range of approved CAT6 devices suited for this service.
- Huawei B525
- Huawei B535
- Huawei B612
- Huawei B618
- Huawei B818
- ZTE MF286
Some important things to note:
- If you place your Pure (MTN) LTE SIM card in another device or move locations, it will be blocked.
- Telkom SIM cards can be inserted into mobile phones to test if there’s no connectivity via the router.
- Make sure that you have one of the above-mentioned CAT6 devices if you’re ordering a SIM-only package.
- If you’re planning to move, you can reach out to our support team to help you update your location.
- We offer capped and uncapped SIM-only and SIM +device packages.
- If you’re going for a SIM + device package, you can save up to R1000 on hardware. (Promotion is subject to change anytime)
- Capped packages are allocated Anytime and Night Time data.
- Anytime data applies for any time of the day.
- Night Time data for Pure (MTN) LTE is valid from 12:00 to 06:00 and Telkom from 12:00 to 07:00.
- Pure (MTN) LTE Anytime and Night Time data will roll over for 30 days.
- Telkom’s in-bundle Anytime data will roll over for 30 days.
- Night Time data does NOT rollover.
Data Topup Rollover
- Pure (MTN) LTE’s Anytime top-up data will roll over for 30 days from purchase.
- Telkom’s Anytime top-up data expires 60 days from purchase, and Night Time top-up data expires 30 days from purchase.
5. Setting Up
- Setting up is easy! All you have to do is insert your SIM card in your pre-configured device.
- It will take 24-48 hours from sign up for your Telkom SIM card to be active and 30 minutes to 24 hours for Pure (MTN) LTE.
If you need more information about our Fixed LTE offering, please visit our Help Centre or leave a comment below.